none
Creatre multiple SE/SE in one ISA/IEA RRS feed

• Question

• I have to create an EDI- X12 file from a flat file. Also have to break my output EDI X12 in more than one ST/SE segments inside one single ISA/IEA. Flat file does have nearly half million records. For every 10000 records I have to generate a new ST/SE.  Please help.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:28 PM

Answers

• Sunil,

I am not sure whether there is any direct approach to create multiple ST/SE as you have specified.
    May be other's in the group will be able to throw some light for your scenario.

However please find below my take on addressing the scenario.

When disassembling the the Flat file, split it based on 10000 records, map to X12 Schema and create the x12 file for the very first split record.
    For consecutive split records do the same and append to the existing X12 file.
    The file will be like

ISA
    GS
    ST - first Spilt 10000 records
    SE
    GE
    IEA
    ISA
    GS
    ST- Second Spilt 10000 records
    SE
    GE
    IEA

According to X12 standards if you create the file in the above order (Multiple ISA's) , it is a valid and its fully HIPAA Compliant.
    Since you like to have single ISA,  after file creation is completed  from the orchestration parse the file(traditional .net file read/write) and remove the unwanted ISA and GS segments.

Sarala --> http://www.chaosedge.net/blog
    • Marked as answer by Sunil_RC Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:11 PM
    Friday, August 7, 2009 6:02 PM

All replies

• Sunil,

If you are using BizTalk Server R2/2009 you can make use of Outbound batching to address the solution.

Regards Sarala http://www.chaosedge.net/blog
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:34 PM
  • Here we have BT Server 2006
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:36 PM
  • Sunil,

I am not sure whether there is any direct approach to create multiple ST/SE as you have specified.
    May be other's in the group will be able to throw some light for your scenario.

However please find below my take on addressing the scenario.

When disassembling the the Flat file, split it based on 10000 records, map to X12 Schema and create the x12 file for the very first split record.
    For consecutive split records do the same and append to the existing X12 file.
    The file will be like

ISA
    GS
    ST - first Spilt 10000 records
    SE
    GE
    IEA
    ISA
    GS
    ST- Second Spilt 10000 records
    SE
    GE
    IEA

According to X12 standards if you create the file in the above order (Multiple ISA's) , it is a valid and its fully HIPAA Compliant.
    Since you like to have single ISA,  after file creation is completed  from the orchestration parse the file(traditional .net file read/write) and remove the unwanted ISA and GS segments.

Sarala --> http://www.chaosedge.net/blog
    • Marked as answer by Sunil_RC Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:11 PM
    Friday, August 7, 2009 6:02 PM

• Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know how to split the input file by every 10,000 records in Biztalk disassemble step.

Here is the way I am doing it now. Split the single input file by 10,000 records physical files outside BizTlak. Drop all these files in receive location and BizTalk creates a single output file (in Send port file as append mode) with multiple ISA/IEA. But the “X12 receiver" doen’t likes more than one ISA/IEA in a file. They really like to have one ISA/IEA and many ST/SE segments. :( :(

Eric Stott suggested to use "Convoy Orchestration" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms942189(BTS.10).aspx but I unfortunately I couldn't make it work :(  :(

Monday, August 10, 2009 2:34 PM
  • Hi Sarala,
        Here we have BT 2006/R2 and I did noticed "Interchange Batch Creation" in Party Properties Party as Sender and Receiver. I did some trial and Errors to set these properties; but no use. Could you please help me to set these properties if it really works for my requirements.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 2:41 PM
  • Hi Sarala,
        Here we have BT 2006/R2 and I did noticed "Interchange Batch Creation" in Party Properties Party as Sender and Receiver. I did some trial and Errors to set these properties; but no use. Could you please help me to set these properties if it really works for my requirements.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 2:41 PM
  • Sunil,

What ASC-X12 transaction set are you mapping (meaning 837, 856, 852)? From where are you getting the flat file (are you creating it from a SQL record set, is it coming from a trading partner, is it exported from Excel)?

Sid

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:28 PM