none
Visual Studio 2015 Create App Package silently fails

Question

• I right-click on the project and select Store->Create App Package

I select to build with the already associated app name.

Then Next and Create and the build starts.

Then I get a box claiming success, "Package Creation Completed", but it's all a lie.

The output logs "An app bundle has been successfully built for Release", but it has not.

There's a link to the output location, which is a folder that does not exist.

There's a link to a "Package that will be validated", which does not exist.

There's a button to "Launch Windows App Certification Kit", which simply exits immediately without reporting any error because the package does not exist to be certified.

How can I get Visual Studio to, if not actually build the package, at least recognize it failed to do so?

Presumably this has something to do with my boss having the main account and me having a sub account, it does work for him, but I don't understand the total failure to recognize the total failure and report any sort of error message.

Friday, June 03, 2016 5:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Xotikos,

Could you tell me the detailed steps about how you create this package? Could you share us a screen shot about the detailed error or log messages? Maybe you could find more detailed messages in the output windows.

Sorry for that I have no the windows store account in my side, so I just select "No" like the following screen shot.

And then I will get a result like this screen shot:

Click "Launch Windows App Certification Kit" button, I will get the window which was installing the "Windows App Certification Kit 10.0".

Does it work well if you use the same steps as mine? I test it in my side using the VS2015 Enterprise with update 2 in windows 10 machine.

>>Presumably this has something to do with my boss having the main account and me having a sub account, it does work for him.

Not the account experts, but as you said that other account works well, at least, we would think about the your account or the steps.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 06, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Update:

After finished the setup, I get the result like this screen shot:

Open the error link, I get the detailed error messages:

It seems that I just use the default project sample which has the default files or others.

>>The output logs "An app bundle has been successfully built for Release", but it has not.

>>There's a link to the output location, which is a folder that does not exist.

>>There's a link to a "Package that will be validated", which does not exist.

If you mean that you couldn't get the specific windows as mine, maybe you could check the above steps as mine, test it again. 

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, June 06, 2016 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Xotikos,

Could you tell me the detailed steps about how you create this package? Could you share us a screen shot about the detailed error or log messages? Maybe you could find more detailed messages in the output windows.

Sorry for that I have no the windows store account in my side, so I just select "No" like the following screen shot.

And then I will get a result like this screen shot:

Click "Launch Windows App Certification Kit" button, I will get the window which was installing the "Windows App Certification Kit 10.0".

Does it work well if you use the same steps as mine? I test it in my side using the VS2015 Enterprise with update 2 in windows 10 machine.

>>Presumably this has something to do with my boss having the main account and me having a sub account, it does work for him.

Not the account experts, but as you said that other account works well, at least, we would think about the your account or the steps.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, June 06, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Update:

After finished the setup, I get the result like this screen shot:

Open the error link, I get the detailed error messages:

It seems that I just use the default project sample which has the default files or others.

>>The output logs "An app bundle has been successfully built for Release", but it has not.

>>There's a link to the output location, which is a folder that does not exist.

>>There's a link to a "Package that will be validated", which does not exist.

If you mean that you couldn't get the specific windows as mine, maybe you could check the above steps as mine, test it again. 

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, June 06, 2016 7:29 AM