Where to check my web application cookie expiration date? RRS feed

• Question

• User-609535877 posted

I have a web application implemented by somebody else. How do I check the cookie expiration time on IE 11?

F12 tool doesn't show values for Expires, Domain, Path, Secure and HTTP only

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 3:37 PM

Answers

• User-893317190 posted

Hi zhao790,

If you are using chrome, you could click the small icon  beside search bar of browser on the left , and then choose Cookies, you could find information of Cookies.

When I write  Session["abc"] = "abc";, (which will set a cookie named Asp.net_SessionId), I could see my cookie as follows.(I clicked the exclamation mark beside localhost).

You could see its expire is set to When the browsing session ends by default(which means when you close the browser , the cookie will expire)

In you case, I'm afraid the cookie has expired, because it is set to past time.

Best regards,

Ackerly Xu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:01 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I have a web application implemented by somebody else. How do I check the cookie expiration time on IE 11?

F12 tool doesn't show values for Expires, Domain, Path, Secure and HTTP only

I use a cookie plugin to which makes it easy to view cookie information in Chrome.

I'm sure there is an IE 11 plugin you can find with a simple search or switch to Chrome.  There's also...

document.cookie

...that you can run in the console.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Document/cookie

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 3:56 PM
  • User-609535877 posted

I found in Chrome my application cookie expiration date set to 1969-12-30 11:59:59.000Z by default. What does it mean?

Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:20 AM
  • User-893317190 posted

Hi zhao790,

If you are using chrome, you could click the small icon  beside search bar of browser on the left , and then choose Cookies, you could find information of Cookies.

When I write  Session["abc"] = "abc";, (which will set a cookie named Asp.net_SessionId), I could see my cookie as follows.(I clicked the exclamation mark beside localhost).

You could see its expire is set to When the browsing session ends by default(which means when you close the browser , the cookie will expire)

In you case, I'm afraid the cookie has expired, because it is set to past time.

Best regards,

Ackerly Xu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:01 AM