Sharepoint 2010 Workflow error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workflow that runs when a new record is created on list. this error occurred on a specific record. I have tried to trace the workflow error but I haven't found any details about the error.

How can I trace the error in workflow?and How can I run the workflow again on this record only?

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:27 PM

Answers

• Check the SharePoint URL Logs for errors. Particularly for the time when the error occurred. Sometimes Workflow status page also gives details about the error but I think the best bet for you would be to check the ULS log.

Yes you can run the workflow manually on that particular record. Select the item and click Workflow from the ribbon and select the workflow you want to run on that record. If you cannot find the error in the log then probably manually kicking the workflow would be a good start and see if error occurs again. 

Amit

• Marked as answer by Patrick_Liang Friday, December 13, 2013 1:14 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:03 PM
  • Hello Mina,

Which WF you have created? You can execute WF on same records by checking the "start WF when updating the item..." for a time being and change something in that record. You can also use log to WF history action to trace the error.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:58 AM

All replies

• Check the SharePoint URL Logs for errors. Particularly for the time when the error occurred. Sometimes Workflow status page also gives details about the error but I think the best bet for you would be to check the ULS log.

Yes you can run the workflow manually on that particular record. Select the item and click Workflow from the ribbon and select the workflow you want to run on that record. If you cannot find the error in the log then probably manually kicking the workflow would be a good start and see if error occurs again. 

Amit

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:03 PM
  • Hello Mina,

Which WF you have created? You can execute WF on same records by checking the "start WF when updating the item..." for a time being and change something in that record. You can also use log to WF history action to trace the error.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:58 AM