none
Problem With .NET Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

Is there anyone could help me to solve this problem? Me and my friends had tried any suggestion but until now I still can't install Visual Studio because there is a problem with .NET Framework.

Setup for Visual Studio is failed and when we open error log it is show : MSI returned error code 1603 and another component failed to installed. So, my friend try to install NetFXRepairTool and try to reinstall .NET framework again but still not working. Is there any solution without reinstall OS?

FYI, I had install Visual Studio Community 2017 on previous week in drive C and there is no problem but the memory is full so I uninstall again and will install in drive D.

Pls help..

Thank you

Friday, September 29, 2017 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi HaniNovita,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your friend's question about the .Net Framework when installing VS:

VS and .Net Framework are side by side, 1603 Return code means Fatal error during installation, it's an general error message about most failed components.  I suggest your friend run  Visual Studio Uninstaller to uninstall the broken VS first. Then directly visit Downloads page to gain the latest web installer and run settup.exe as administrator. 

For your question:

By designed, the VS installer only allows you to specify where packages for that instance of VS are installed (i.e. anything that goes into the folder that you do get to choose). It does not currently allow you to specify where other global packages are installed. You could change the components location which are allowed to install on non system drive. For some shared components, I suggest you keep them on drive C.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:10 AM