Azure: What is the fastest way to deploy same app to multiple sub-folders? RRS feed

• Question

• User1501155440 posted

I have one Web App with about 15 sub-folder applications such as siteroot\client1, siteroot\client2, siteroot\client3, etc.

Each application is the same code base, and I am required to keep them all separate. Code base is the exact same for all. siteroot\client1 = siteroot\client2 = siteroot\client3

Right now I am using Visual Studio to publish to each and it takes forever because it has to build/publish to each one of the sub-folder applications.

Is there a way that I can push everything up to a hold directory or site on Azure? And then deploy from there without having to Publish from my local machine to each sub-folder. It is painstakingly slow, and I know there must be an easier way.

I understand that I could build locally and then manually push via ftp to each, but that will still take quite a bit of time. So I am looking for a way to deploy from within the Azure framework (eg, copy from an existing container, etc).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Jason

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:41 PM

Answers

• User-376018714 posted

hi

you can create a PowerShell script. Powershell has certain command lets which let you manage your Azure web apps deployment etc very easily using script. You can do that and automate the whole process

i don't think there is anything in azure which can act as a hold as you are looking for .... but curious to know why separate sub folders with exact code ????

take a look at the powershell scripts ... that might have some thing to provide you a easy process to automate

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:10 PM