Beta apps not published after 10 days RRS feed

• Question

• I put a few beta submissions in on 4th August. Nothing happened with them for a week (presumably due to maintenance) and then they progressed to "Signing Passed" stage 2 or 3 days ago. Since then nothing has happened.

Same goes for one of my standard submissions for a new app that was also made on the 4th

I know things are slowing down a bit due to the upgrade, but this is ridiculous ...

OMA Studios

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:57 AM

All replies

• I too submited an app around 8/4 (during conversion) and it seems "stuck" in the "Processing certification" queue.  It went into signing when the site came back up and then went into processing shortly afterwards.  (last Tues?).  I don't mind waiting (actually I do!) but would appreciate some sort of progress update from the team.  Perhaps a simple backlog meter (# of apps in queue by submission date), an average cert test time, or a simple last app certified was at...time and was submitted on etc...

I realize each app can take a different amount of time but a "slow moving progress meter" is better than no meter.   I plan to post when my certification is completed (pass or fail) along with date/time submitted.  Perhaps others could do the same?

Just noticed that prior post was regarding a beta version.  Mine is a full submission / manual release.  What is odd is that I was told "no testing" is done for beta.

Ed

• Edited by Fast_EddieD Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Guys,

I have submitted on 31st July but still in  "Processing certification" state, it's more then 15 days now. They replied to my complain ticket saying that it will be done next 4 days, but that time also over now. :(

What is the use of all these visual changes if it's gonna increased developers pain. or at least you can update about it so that we will be worrying less. :(

Pri Machine Anyone can play games but making games is what I love most :)

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:02 PM
  • You're not alone... I suppose not supporting usernames with an underscore in the beta distribution list is the least of the issues. It's concerning that this smells like a rushed project which didn't receive the necessary full testing. Heck, the user reviews I see on dev center are not even being updated, the last one for my app was two weeks ago... I would think that a month extension of our windows phone developer account would be a good start to make things up with the developer community.

Aragon IT

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:26 PM
  • Very strange behavior,  after 10+ days of being in the "Processing certification" stage, this morning my app is back to "signing" again.  Is this normal?  Am I back to square zero? 

Ed

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:44 AM
  • Seems they are rebooting the workflow to re-sign and encrypt the .xap files which were not installing correctly on pre-mango devices. Fingers crossed!

Aragon IT

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:03 AM
  • it the same for me !! After "Processing certification" , the status is "In signing Stage" . i need Help !! 

Thanks

MegaEjay, Developpeur

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:18 AM
  • After I posted above message, I just saw new blog (8/14) saying "no new apps are being published".  I'm not sure if that affected apps being tested/certified. 

I do have my Fingers crossed and hope I am not back at the end of the line.

Ed

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:20 AM