How to add a crystal report to C++ project RRS feed

• Question

•   Hello

I'm new in C++ world

I tried to a Crystal report to my project but I faild to do that , I use Add New Item menu but I did not find any thing about Crystal report

so I wish to know how to add a Crystal report to C++ project

thanks
    Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry, as far as I can see, C++ with Crystal report, there are only the MFC project (a C++ project type in VS) and managed C++ application(based on .net framework CLR) can use the CR, other project cannot use it.

That is it, if you want to give your feedback to Visual Studio product, please do it via the following connect.
    http://connect.microsoft.com/visualstudio/

Regards,

Xun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by neonprimetime Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by jack 321 Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:04 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Alpasha,

First of all, please make sure you have the Crystal report for Visual Studio installed in your machine, to check this, we can open the VS 2005 IDE about dialog, and then you will find the Crystal report version information, if there is no this information, you should run the Visual Studio 2005 setup file to install the crystal report components.

To add a CR to C++ project, for example, we create a MFC project, and ( “add new item” | Visual C++ | Utility ), we will find the crystal item.

Regards,

Xun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:13 AM
  •  Hi Xun

I use step and it already installed and I use it in visual basic 

by the way I am not  using MFC but I'm  useing C++ , so I follow up the steps to add it but I din not fined it In "Add New Item | C++ | Utility"

I don't know what's wrong

I wish to explain

Thanks
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry, as far as I can see, C++ with Crystal report, there are only the MFC project (a C++ project type in VS) and managed C++ application(based on .net framework CLR) can use the CR, other project cannot use it.

That is it, if you want to give your feedback to Visual Studio product, please do it via the following connect.
    http://connect.microsoft.com/visualstudio/

Regards,

Xun

• Proposed as answer by neonprimetime Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by jack 321 Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:04 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:52 AM