Generating a Waveform From An Audio File RRS feed

• Question

• User347183 posted

Hi there,

My application coverts physics related waves into sound. I'm able to take in data and convert that data into a .wav. I play that file on any platform using the Media Manager Plugin for Xamarin.

My question is: Has anybody had any experience playing audio with a waveform of that audio in the background? Something like the below image.

Maybe there's some library that already serves this purpose. If not, I'll have to do something from scratch.

Thanks,

Nick

Monday, September 25, 2017 6:45 PM

All replies

• User157125 posted

Hi Nick,

did you get any solution to draw the waveform from audio file? I also need to draw the waveform from audio file but I am not getting anything regarding this. Please let me know if you have done this.

Friday, July 19, 2019 11:53 AM
  • User347183 posted

@"AnandDubey.8578" said: Hi Nick,

did you get any solution to draw the waveform from audio file? I also need to draw the waveform from audio file but I am not getting anything regarding this. Please let me know if you have done this.

Yes. I can take an X/Y plot of a wave and convert it to a .wav file and play it with the popular xamarin media manager/player package. Is this what you're trying to do?

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:06 PM
  • User347183 posted

@"AnandDubey.8578" said: Hi Nick,

My bad... Just read your message. I'm still half awake at work over here. I wound up not needing to do that. I can create sound files from x/y plots but I can't go the opposite route. I could share some of my code and you could try and reverse engineer it to go the opposite way.

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:08 PM
  • User157125 posted

Thanks Nick, please share some code that you have implemented. I will try to make it more efficient from my end.

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:29 PM