SociaLite error

Question

• My Socialite apps do not display a proper profile picture of mine. What I did is that I uninstall it. Later did I know there's no available installer. Can you provide an installer for this app and can you fix that error. Thank you and keep up the good work windows!
    Friday, September 16, 2011 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi McMonde,

Unfortunately, there is no way to reinstall any modern apps that were pre-installed in the Windows Developer Preview.  You will have to perform a Reset to get the Socialite app back.  A Refresh would not affect your files, but that won't work since you've uninstalled Socialite.  A Reset will reset your PC to the original state it was in just after you initially installed Windows Developer Preview.  This will also remove all of your files and settings.

To do a Reset follow these steps.

1) Log on as an administrator.

2) From the Start Screen, choose Control Panel, then choose General.

3) From the right side of the General Control Panel, click the Get started button next to Reset your PC and start over, then follow the prompts.

Regards,

Gary

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:23 PM
    Answerer
  • On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:23:41 +0000, Gary - Support Engineer wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no way to reinstall any modern apps that were pre-installed in the Windows Developer Preview

Just a friendly poke here Gary, but given this is the first public release,
    I think you (the generic Microsoft you) need to be careful with your terms.
    Calling the Metro apps modern apps implies that all non-Metro apps are
    legacy. Are you really saying that, to take an example, Office 10 is no
    longer considered to be a modern app?
    :-)

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Never trust a computer you can't lift.  -- Stan Masor

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:14 PM
  • owhhh... sad to hear that. :( 

ah... if I use Reset, do all my software also be erased?

McMonde
    Friday, September 16, 2011 11:23 PM
  • Hey McMonde,

Yes, a reset will put everything back to the way it was after you first installed it.  A refresh would put everything back to defaults, it will keep your data, but you would have to reinstall any desktop apps that you've installed.

Gary

Monday, September 19, 2011 9:46 PM
    Answerer