none
Preventing empty nodes from mapping RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on an EDI map but for some reason, I can not seem to get empty nodes from mapping. It is not all the nodes that are comming through, but what is happening is that the empty nodes are causing problems becasue they make the transaction fail validation. Does anyone know how to prevent this happening?

New post
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:03 PM

Answers

• I think I answered my own question. In case anyone has this problem here is the answer. It looks like the schema will map any fields from an 837 for subscribers and dependets based on which nodes are mapped. This should not be the case, but if you have a node on the dependent and the rest of the subscriber, the map starts mapping empty nodes for the dependent. I am not sure how to prevent that other than making changes to the map so that I do not map any of the dependent loops.
    New post
    • Marked as answer by Carlos T. _ Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:39 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:39 PM

All replies

• I think I answered my own question. In case anyone has this problem here is the answer. It looks like the schema will map any fields from an 837 for subscribers and dependets based on which nodes are mapped. This should not be the case, but if you have a node on the dependent and the rest of the subscriber, the map starts mapping empty nodes for the dependent. I am not sure how to prevent that other than making changes to the map so that I do not map any of the dependent loops.
    New post
    • Marked as answer by Carlos T. _ Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:39 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:39 PM
  • Carlos,

I know you have our book, so look in there on pages 117-119.  There are some examples there that may help.

Jim -- Pro Mapping in BizTalk 2009, Apress Books, March 23, 2009
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:13 PM