No project template for a ‘WPF Ribbon Application’ in VS 2010 after Microsoft Ribbon for WPF installation RRS feed

Answers

• Thank you everybody. The problem was that I downloaded wrong .msi package, namely Microsoft Ribbon for WPF Source and Samples.msi (was first in the list of downloads), instead of  Microsoft Ribbon for WPF.msi. Once I installed Microsoft Ribbon for WPF.msi, the Ribbon project template appeared in the list.

Regards,

Jvis

• Marked as answer by Jvis Friday, February 3, 2012 10:30 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Jvis,

I cannot reproduce this issue.

I install the WPF Ribbon according to the link you provide, and after installation, I can find the ‘WPF Ribbon Application’ template in my VS 2010.

You can refer to this photo:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=475F7E3EBE2EEF90&id=475F7E3EBE2EEF90%21156

Please mark sure you have download the second file “Microsoft Ribbon for WPF.msi” and run this file.

If yes, please try to uninstall and reinstall the WPF Ribbon.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Edited by lucy-liu Monday, January 30, 2012 6:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by STurner Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:19 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Hi Lucy,

Thank you for your response. I tried all your suggestions and it did not help. Do you have any other ideas that might help?

Regards,

Jvis

Monday, January 30, 2012 7:19 PM
  • Hi Jvis,

This is weird, I have no problem in installing the WPF Ribbon,  I have tested in two computers, everything is ok.

I think there may be something wrong with your VS or your OS.

So please try to uninstall your Visual Studio and .NET Framework, and reinstall again. If this issue still remains, please try to reinstall your OS.

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:30 AM
  • Before uninstalling or reinstalling anything, please confirm that the WPFRibbonApplication.zip file was installed to the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Microsoft Ribbon for WPF\4.0.0.11019\CSharp\Windows

If it was, and it doesn't show in the New Project dialog, exit all instances of Visual Studio, and from a command prompt run the following:

devenv /InstalVSTemplates

This will rebuild the project and item template caches.

If by chance the above mentioned .zip is not there, then you have an installation problem with the .MSI.

Thanks,

Ed Dore
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:05 PM
  • Hi Ed,

Thank you for your response.

I don't see "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Microsoft Ribbon for WPF\4.0.0.11019\CSharp\Windows" directory after installing Ribbon package. There is though "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Ribbon for WPF\MicrosoftRibbonForWPFSourceAndSamples.zip" file with the sample code created. Assuming this is .msi installation problem, who might help me to resolve it? Do I need to post my question in some other forum? If so, which one would be the most suitable for it?

Regards,

Jvis

Thursday, February 2, 2012 2:55 AM
  • It looks like you didn’t install the wpf ribbon successfully. And this is not the vs editor problem. I think you can post this issue to Where is the Forum For…? Forum. They will tell you which forum is suitable for this problem. and please mark the useful reply as answer.

Friday, February 3, 2012 7:14 AM
  • Thank you everybody. The problem was that I downloaded wrong .msi package, namely Microsoft Ribbon for WPF Source and Samples.msi (was first in the list of downloads), instead of  Microsoft Ribbon for WPF.msi. Once I installed Microsoft Ribbon for WPF.msi, the Ribbon project template appeared in the list.

Regards,

Jvis

• Marked as answer by Jvis Friday, February 3, 2012 10:30 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 10:30 PM