none
Add Adapter Service Reference dialog. RRS feed

• Question

• Add Adapter Service Reference dialog is not visible in Visual studio 2010 even though I have already installed WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP1. Need response asap.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 10:17 AM

Answers

• It should be supported Maddy. I have Visual Studio 2008 and I can see "Add Adapter Service Reference". I have WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 installed. You can get the SP2 from here.

Also, if you look at the "Schema Generators" folder under "Program Files\BTSTemp\Developer Tools" inside the downloaded package, you see "Consume Adapter Service" folder which infact contains the wizard files.
    • Marked as answer by maddy_Jak Monday, December 14, 2009 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:22 AM
  • Chiraqpa is right about VS 2008 support. I use it all the time on my VS 2008 for the WCF-SQL adapter.

I just know it does not work with VS 2010.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:04 PM
  • Ben and chiragpa , Thank you very much for the information on WCF LOP SDK. Ben, do you have any idea when will be updated version of WCF LOP SDK will be released to support VS 2010.
    • Marked as answer by maddy_Jak Monday, December 14, 2009 8:42 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 8:42 AM

All replies

• I think there was a public thread about this 3-5 months ago, but I cannot find it anymore. The BizTalk support for VS 2010 is not available yet and this unfortuantely includes support for the WCF LOB SDK. With the next release of BizTalk the WCF LOB SDK will be updated to work with VS 2010.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Thanks a lot Ben , whether it supports VS 2008 as I tried there too but didn't succeded.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:12 AM
  • It should be supported Maddy. I have Visual Studio 2008 and I can see "Add Adapter Service Reference". I have WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 installed. You can get the SP2 from here.

Also, if you look at the "Schema Generators" folder under "Program Files\BTSTemp\Developer Tools" inside the downloaded package, you see "Consume Adapter Service" folder which infact contains the wizard files.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:22 AM
  • Chiraqpa is right about VS 2008 support. I use it all the time on my VS 2008 for the WCF-SQL adapter.

I just know it does not work with VS 2010.

Thanks,
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:04 PM
  • Ben and chiragpa , Thank you very much for the information on WCF LOP SDK. Ben, do you have any idea when will be updated version of WCF LOP SDK will be released to support VS 2010.
    • Marked as answer by maddy_Jak Monday, December 14, 2009 8:42 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 8:42 AM
  • It should be supported Maddy. I have Visual Studio 2008 and I can see "Add Adapter Service Reference". I have WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 installed. You can get the SP2 from here.

I need not to search it myself, Thanks for the sharing.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:16 AM