none
"Missing Manifest Resource exception" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am connecting MySql on Smart Device Project, but after deployment I am getting "Missing Manifest Resource exception". Any help?
    Friday, April 17, 2009 6:52 PM

Answers

• That means you're trying to retrieve resource which you don't have. Whatever it has anything to do with MySQL or not it not clear as you've provided no useful information.

Please see this on which information to provide to improve chances of getting help.
    Items 7, 9, 10,  12 are especially important. I would also add what you need to include complete exception information which includes:

1.     Exception type.

2.     Exception stack trace.

3.     Exception error message.

4.     Inner exception(s).

5.     Other information on exception as appropriate (e.g. error code for Win32 exception or errors from error collection for SqlException).

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 8:00 PM

All replies

• That means you're trying to retrieve resource which you don't have. Whatever it has anything to do with MySQL or not it not clear as you've provided no useful information.

Please see this on which information to provide to improve chances of getting help.
    Items 7, 9, 10,  12 are especially important. I would also add what you need to include complete exception information which includes:

1.     Exception type.

2.     Exception stack trace.

3.     Exception error message.

4.     Inner exception(s).

5.     Other information on exception as appropriate (e.g. error code for Win32 exception or errors from error collection for SqlException).

Friday, April 17, 2009 8:00 PM
  • Stack trace you’ve provided indicates exception occurs in InitializeComponent() and not on myConnection.open() as you’re suggesting.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:13 PM
  • I blogged about this recently. The Connector/NET for MySQL on NETCF is pretty alpha, but it's what we've got. Essentially, they're trying to share code between the desktop assembly and the NETCF assembly, with the result being that the Resources file for the NETCF file is not getting compiled as an embedded resource correctly. You'll have to download the sources from MySQL, make a few adjustments, and re-compile. (What is most likely happening is MySQL.Data is trying throw an exception, then throwing a "Missing Manifest" exception instead because it can't load the message for the original exception from its resources file.)

See the bottom of my blog post for details . Hope that helps!
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

I had a similar problem on an existing VB .Net project I looked at, using MySQL on a CE device, any error caused from the MySQL components would report the "missing Manifest Resource Exception"

Can't get to the root of the problem, but did find a workaround for my project.

Using Reflector on the MqSql.Data.CF.dll file I saved the resources to a seperate resource fiole, which I then added to the VB project, and marked it to be an embedded resource.

Next run, generated a deliberate error by altering a SQL statement to be invalid, and the correct message from the MySQL resourse is displayed.

Good luck, would be interested to know if this works for you to.

Greg,
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 9:40 AM