SSLHandshakeException being thrown for Mappoint/BING web service RRS feed

• Question

• I've been getting the following error message when from Mappoint for the past week or so from a nightly job that uses the web service:

3/6/11 8:00:13 AM Unable to get job ID: ; nested exception is:
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
    3/6/11 8:00:13 AM Error in execute(): javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
    3/6/11 8:00:13 AM Shutting down...

Can anyone help?  I've had this problem in the past, and was told it was on the MS side.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:57 PM

Answers

• There are a couple of things you can check.

Make sure that you are not storing an expired copy of any certificate in the Java keystore. Most issues I have seen deal with either a "Microsoft Secure Server Authority" intermediate certificate or the endpoint cert. Can you let us know which service you are using and encountering this message?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:52 PM

All replies

• There are a couple of things you can check.

Make sure that you are not storing an expired copy of any certificate in the Java keystore. Most issues I have seen deal with either a "Microsoft Secure Server Authority" intermediate certificate or the endpoint cert. Can you let us know which service you are using and encountering this message?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:52 PM
  • I am using the Mappoint Web Service.  I do not have any expired certificates in my keystore.
    Monday, March 14, 2011 4:26 PM
  • I am still experiencing this error.  Can anyone offer any support?  I've had this issue several times before and it has always been on the MS side.

Thanks.

Monday, March 28, 2011 6:57 PM