none
Getting a reference to the JSGrid on Resource Plan page in PS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I added a breakpoint on this line when I load the Resource Plan page in PS2010 and it looks like it does not have a JSGrid I can attach to.

if (window.PJ == null || PJ.AddGridSatelliteInitializationNotifier == null) {
            return;
        }

PJ.AddGridSatelliteInitializationNotifier is always null on this page even though on other pages like the Project Center it actually has a value.

Can someone at Microsoft please confirm that that we either CAN or CANNOT attach to the JSGrid on the Resource Plan page?

If we can, please let us know how...

Thanks.

Carlos

Monday, September 13, 2010 6:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Carlos,

Just a suggestion on google search for finding your info. There was a How To video using JSGrid, back in February, March, April or May timeframe.  I watch it and it walked you thru the whole process.  I think it will have what you are looking for..  If you find the link, please post back.

CHeers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, September 13, 2010 6:29 PM
  •  

Michael,

I have already been through these demo's. They work fine for the Project Center and for the Timesheet pages, but the Resource Plan is a "special" page that does not even let me add web parts to it. I have already settled that issue in a different post (you can't add web parts to this page). My question now is regarding having access to the JSGrid on this particular page. The Resource Plan page.

Can someone please confirm what I have found so that I can come up with an alternate solution for my client.

Thanks!

Carlos

Monday, September 13, 2010 6:36 PM
  • Hi Carlos,

I can confirm there is no jsgrid object on the resource plan page.  Taking a look with the IE 8 Developer Tools will show what type of grid this is.  What scenarios were you looking to support if this had been the jsgrid?

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, September 13, 2010 9:52 PM
    Owner
  •  

Brian,

What I was trying to do is add a web part underneath the Resource Plan page where I would display additional information based on the inputs from the user (e.g. resources, hours) and combined it with external data on a different location. I wanted to do this dynamically as the user changed values on the Resource Plan grid.

I have now found out that I cannot add a web part to this page, nor do I have access to the grid data (since it's not a JSGrid).

So now, what I am going to do is add a floating layer on the page that is initiated from a custom ribbon button press. The floating layer will contain a custom JSGrid with the information that HAS BEEN SAVED for the resource plan via PSI calls, instead of it being dynamic from the grid as they change values. I will have to tell the users that they have to "save" the resource plan before the merged data on the floating layer can display accurate results. It won't be real time.

It's less than I wanted to provide to my client, but it looks like this is the only way to present the data given the limitations of this page.

Carlos

Monday, September 13, 2010 10:42 PM