Sub procedure sending emails stopped working RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a routine that sends invitations, it worked beautifully yesterday.  Today the routine throws error 3265, object not found in collection.  

    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim oApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim oMail As MailItem
    Dim testEmail As String
    Dim strbody As String
    Dim strbody2 As String

    Set db = CurrentDb
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("TestEmail", dbOpenDynaset)
    Set oApp = Outlook.Application
    Set oMail = oApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)


    Do While Not rs.EOF


    strbody = "<html><head><title>It's time to sign up for Summer Bible Study!!!</title><style>body{background-color: #FFFFFF;margin-margin-right: 20%;" & _
        "borders: 2px dotted black;padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;font-family: sans-serif;}</style></head>" & _
        "<body><h1><center>It's time to sign up for Summer Bible Study!!!</center></h1>" & _
        "<h2><center>June 30 - Aug 4, 2020</center></h2>" & _
        "<p>Dear " & rs!First & ",<br></p>" & _
        "<p>Text</p>" & _
     strbody2 = "<html><head><style>body{background-color: #FFFFFF;Margin-margin-right: 20%;borders: 2px dotted black;;padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; font-family: sans-serif;}</style></head>" & _
        "<p>Text</p>" & _
        "<p>Text</p>" & _

        Set oMail = oApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
        oMail.To = rs!Email
        oMail.Subject = "It's time to sign up for Summer Bible Study!!!"
        oMail.BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
        oMail.HTMLBody = strbody & strbody2



    Closing code follows   I am using Microsoft 365.  As I said, it worked fine yesterday and i sent 300+ emails perfectly.  Today i had just three more to send and it threw the error.  Any thoughts?

    MS - Teach me to fish

    Saturday, June 20, 2020 6:13 PM

All replies

  • The only odd part I see is the use of both .Display and .Send. You probably want to comment out the first.

    If that does not help, you need an error handler and if the error occurs again you can Resume to get back to the line where it happened, and check into it.

    Also check your References. Any broken ones? Are they in the correct order?

    -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

    Saturday, June 20, 2020 6:31 PM
  • I forgot to say that when i went to debug, the object that was highlit was the definition of strbody.  That has not been changed in my routine.  I just removed my message text and replaced it with the word Text for the purposes of this forum. 

    I removed the display line but it still threw the error.

    I checked and my references seem to be working.  I am not sure what order the references should be in however.  But i have not changed the order so, i don't know if that could be the issue.


    MS - Teach me to fish

    Saturday, June 20, 2020 8:45 PM
  • Thanks Tom,

    It turned out to be a problem with the table i was using.  I set up a test table and didn't have the correct field names in the code.  Basic stuff always gets me!

    MS - Teach me to fish

    Saturday, June 20, 2020 9:02 PM