I'm trying to verify that I can successfully backup and restore a XPe database. This is what I did:
1. Using MS Backup, I backed up the entire "Windows Embedded Data" folder from my current system, and my .slx files.
2. Built a VPC 2007 virtual machine and installed XPpro.
3. Installed SQL 2005 Express SP1 and the Embedded tools (up through FP2007).
4. Stopped the SQL engine, restored the WED folder, shared it and restarted SQL.
5. Fired up TD and opened a known-good .slx - configuration activated without errors.
6. Told TD to build it.
7. TD reports lots of "file not found" errors. So I look at a component where the files were not found, and see that the file length of the files is reported as 0. But if I look for a file reported as missing I find it in a repository.
The odd thing is that if I close and reopen TD and activate the same SLX the file for the previous failing component are now visible, but a build will show others not.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?