Is there any way to reboot windows phone 8.1 using commands?Also is there any windows runtime API to restart the phone?

Question

• I am new to windows phone platform.Is there any commands or runtime API to restart windows phone 8.1?Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Not that I am aware of.  why do you need to reboot the phone?
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:49 PM
  • No, you can't do this.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Thanks Ken, thanks Matt for your replies.  :D

Actually we need to develop an automation script to reboot windows phone to check its stability.

Like, in Android,we have ADB bundles in which we have "adb reboot" to reboot the phone.Is there any such provisions available in windows phone to do so? There is an option for reboot when language settings are changed in Win phone.Is there anyway we could call that API by our own? Thanks in advance :)

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 9:57 AM
  • No, you can't do this.  What is "check its stability" anyway? 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 2:37 PM