Mobile Application RRS feed

• Question

• User1639050990 posted
    Does anyone know how to sms file to mobile phone using ASP.NET for localhost server ? Pls help
    Tuesday, July 20, 2004 9:55 AM

All replies

• User50407947 posted
    I use a web service. Normally it runs from a hosted machine but during testing it ran just fine from localhost. I don't know how else to do it other than through a web service/SMS gateway.
    Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:11 PM
  • User-983403372 posted
    Mark, Are you using a web servide that you subscribe to, or a free provider? I'm speccing out an application right now that will send SMS messages to users throughout the UK (on varying providers). If you have any resources you could point me to, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Friday, July 30, 2004 3:38 PM
  • User50407947 posted
    It's not actually a subscription. The charges are per message, billed monthly. Covers any network and nearly every country in the world for the same unit rate. I don't know anything about free providers, that seems too good to be true!!! I'm sure there are many others like them, but I use textAnywhere.net, who are very aspx friendly. When I set up my SMS functions a year ago they were most helpful, which was much appreciated as I'd wasted time and money on two other companies previously. Regards Mark
    Friday, July 30, 2004 5:01 PM
  • User-983403372 posted
    Mark, Brilliant! This is exactly what I was looking for...thanks so much! -Riley
    Sunday, August 1, 2004 10:28 PM