Upgrading 8.0 app to 8.1 app RRS feed

• Question

• I have a current Windows 8 store app that I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. It is composed of 4 different projects which I have all retargeted for Windows 8.1. The issue is two of the apps now have .NET Core Version 4.51 and the others including the main one has a reference to .Net Core 4.5.  The problem is that Visual Studio 2013 won't let me add the .net 4.5.1 projects as references to the main .net 4.5 project and I can't figure out how to change the .net core version. 

BTW, Windows 8.1 is the Target Platform version for all projects as can be seen in the application tabs.

Any insight on what is going on would be appreciated.

Monday, October 28, 2013 7:01 PM

All replies

• It sounds like something went wrong with the upgrade for your main app: upgrading to target Windows 8.1 should have upgraded the .Net for Windows Store apps to 4.5.1 .

If you haven't made significant changes to the project yet I would go back to your backup and reupgrade.

--Rob

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:12 AM
  • The project is in TFS, in fact, it is a new branch of the Windows 8 project.  No matter how many times I try to reconvert, it still does the same thing.  As in, I convert, it doesn't work properly, I undo checkout, reconvert, it still does the same thing.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:18 PM
  • Do you have the same problem if you upgrade separately? What do the upgrade logs say about the failing project?

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:52 PM
  • have you updated to latest update2  for visual studio?
    Sunday, June 1, 2014 6:37 AM
  • While this should work but If you did not get any error in upgrade logs then... In cases when visual studio does not do it for me then I manually crate a project with same name/type and add all files manually in it and once this is done I replace just the project file in TFS. I know this may not sound great but it simply works! On the other side like Rob asked I will also like to know errors you get in log.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Sunday, June 1, 2014 12:34 PM