Version number not high enough RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we just developed an app for Win Phone 8.1 with Unity3d. Yesterday I discovered a little bug which I wanted to fix. I made a new build with Unity, associated the app with the app in store and hit build.

But, no matter what version number I type in, I always get the same error.

Error 1 The Version attribute of the Identity element in the app manifest must have a higher version number than...

Any suggestions what I can do about this?

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 12:59 PM

Answers

• Okay this is strange, my first package had the default value 1.1.0.0 as version number. I tried a lot different numbers and always got the same error. I checked the store again and saw the package version number, looks like some random number to me. It has the same format as the manifest version number, I incremeted this number and used it as my version number, now the build succeeded.

• Marked as answer by Benuto Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:19 PM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:19 PM

All replies

• Okay this is strange, my first package had the default value 1.1.0.0 as version number. I tried a lot different numbers and always got the same error. I checked the store again and saw the package version number, looks like some random number to me. It has the same format as the manifest version number, I incremeted this number and used it as my version number, now the build succeeded.

• Marked as answer by Benuto Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:19 PM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:19 PM
  • I am facing the same problem! How did you increment the AAAA.BBB.CCCC.DDDD number in the store? It seems it is read-only for me.

Edit: Re-reading your post I think you used the AAAA.BBB.CCCC.DDDD number from the store in VS? (After incrementing it)

• Edited by Baggis65 Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:19 AM
  • Yes, by using a version number in VS which is higher than the package number found in the store I was able to create an app package. Seems something is wrong with the store's submission handling since it used to convert automatically from version number entered in the app manifest file in VS to the AAAA.BBB.CCCC.DDDD format used in the store.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:38 AM