none
Excel - Pull data from row based on cell values, copy to seperate workbook RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, all! Thank you in advance for taking the time to help with my question.

I am in the process of back-filling a records workbook for daily data from 2017 from individual daily reports. As you could imagine this is consuming a large portion of my days. The reports I am pulling from vary in format and content based on what was or was not worked on a specific day, so it can not be done accurately using only macros. Luckily, the job name and the relevant data I need does always fall in the same columns. That being the case, I am wanting to develop a VBA script which would automate this process.

What I am wanting to do is search for specific job names, and if they are found, copy certain columns of data from that row into a separate workbook. The data in the second workbook is not formatted the same way, so I will have to pull the columns individually and place them relative to the starting cell position when the script is ran.

So, for example, let's say I am pulling numbers for jobs 1,2, and 4. If the script finds a row containing Job 1 (which it may or may not depending on the day); pull columns D, F, G, H, I, and K. In the second report we would find the row containing the same job name, and those columns would be pasted in this order; K, D, F, G, H, I. This would continue for jobs 2 and 4, or any others noted in the script.

Let me know if I can further clarify what I am trying to accomplish.

Thank you, again, in advance for taking the time to help me with this.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please share your sample file via cloud storage such as Dropbox, OneDrive, and so on. It would be helpful for us to understand your situation. 
    Remember to modify/edit your vital data before sharing.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Saturday, January 13, 2018 12:06 AM