none
Reports - Subreports -Parameters RRS feed

• Question

• This is one more request for help in creating a report with a subreport.  I’ve been researching and working on this for a few days, but just can’t get it to work.  I’m using Visual Studio 2010 and VB. 

The main report (rptPhoneList_Main) has two columns; CompanyNum and CompanyName.  The subreport (rptPhoneList) has three columns CompanyNum, ContactName, and PhoneNum.  The report will be grouped by the CompanyNum, below the company number and name will appear each of our contacts and there phone numbers.  The reports are completed and work individually.  After creating the reports I followed these step:

Created a WinForm and added a ReportViewer to the form. Selected rptPhoneList_Main as the report.

On the rptPhoneList_Sub RDLC I created a parameter with the following settings

General > Name = parmCompanyNum

Available Values > Specific Values > Label = @CompanyNum                                                                Available Values > Specific Values > Value = <<ExpR>>                                                                          <<Expr>>  =First(Fields!FamilyCode.Value, "dsPhoneListSum")

On the rptPhoneList_Main, I added a placeholder for the subreport with these property settings.

General > Name = rptPhoneList_Main                                                                                                                 General > Use This report as a subreport: = rptPhoneList_Main 

Parameter > Name = parmCompanyName                                                                                            Parameter > Value   = <<ExpR>>                                                                                                              <<Expr>>  =First(Fields!FamilyCode.Value, "dsPhoneListMain")

I then add the code to the  form (frmPhoneList.vb)

Imports System.Windows.Forms

Imports Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'CSAdbDataSet.tblCompany'             Me.tblCompanyTableAdapter.Fill(Me.CSAdbDataSet.tblCpmpany)

'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'CSAdbDataSet.tblContacts'        Me.tblPublishersTableAdapter.Fill(Me.CSAdbDataSet.tblPublishers)

Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

End Sub

Private Sub ReportViewer1_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles ReportViewer1.Load

AddHandler ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SubreportProcessing, AddressOf     ReportViewer1_SubreportProcessing

ReportViewer1.LocalReport.Refresh()

End Sub

Protected Sub ReportViewer1_SubreportProcessing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.SubreportProcessingEventArgs)

e.DataSources.Add(New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource("CSAdbDataSet"))

End Sub

End Class

When I run the report the company information appears , but the contact information does not.  I think some is wrong with the link between the reports.  Any assistance or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

ATA

Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:29 PM