none
ASP.Net Core MVC course on Pluralsight sample app RRS feed

• Question

• I realize there's probably no answer to this but wanted to reach out and see if there were other's encountering issues.   I worked through Gill Cleeren's great Pluralsight and all went well until about the the 7th module.  Then if I tried to proceed i'd get one web error after another.  I looking at resources for each chapter but there are so many dependencies whether EF migrations, MVC parts required for it to work etc.  I've got the site working where I can display and select pies and add them to the shopping cart and fill out the order form but the Contact, email and authentication just crashed the app and I have to start over with module 7 on.  Anyone else having problems with this?
    • Edited by Mimosa Arts Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:27 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:20 PM

Answers

• Use the discussion tab.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Mimosa Arts Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:40 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:37 PM

All replies

• Use the discussion tab.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Mimosa Arts Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:40 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:37 PM
  • You should be looking into Razor pages that are not unlike ASP.NET Web forms, but Razor pages still use the MVC pipe-line. 
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 11:15 PM
  • Karen,

Found the Discussion tab and used it to post my question.  Apparently it isn't monitored by the author and peer participation is not there. 

Harry

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:49 PM
  • This tutorial uses Razor pages to a degree.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:50 PM
  • I took an entire beginner course on Razor pages at Pluralsight

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 4:55 PM