Data scripts and docs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just installed this and have not had a chance to play with it much, so apologies in advance if the answers to the below questions are obvious!

1. I can see the data generation function as being very useful in test cases, but I cannot find anywhere to add in and attach real data to a table that has a fixed set of rows e.g. as in a lookup.

2. Is there any documentation?

Cheers

Dan

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:01 AM

Answers

• Dan -

A prerelease version of the documentation is installed with the product in the form of .CHM files. Future CTPs should have the help content into the MSDN library (which will allow it to work with F1). You can access the help from the Start menu by pointing to All Programs, pointing to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and clicking Microsoft Visual Studio Team Edition for Database Professionals Help.

If you have feedback on the documentation, feel free to pass that along, particularly if there are key scenarios you feel we aren't covering.

thanks,

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:40 PM
  • With respect to generating data from a lookup table, you might want to take a look at the Data Bound Generator. It allows you to do just that. I'm not sure how detailed the docs are for the Data Bound Generator at this point, so if you have trouble figuring out how to get it working, feel free to follow up with any questions.
    Thursday, July 20, 2006 4:02 PM

All replies

• Dan -

A prerelease version of the documentation is installed with the product in the form of .CHM files. Future CTPs should have the help content into the MSDN library (which will allow it to work with F1). You can access the help from the Start menu by pointing to All Programs, pointing to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and clicking Microsoft Visual Studio Team Edition for Database Professionals Help.

If you have feedback on the documentation, feel free to pass that along, particularly if there are key scenarios you feel we aren't covering.

thanks,

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:40 PM
  • thanks stephen, i found them now! any comments on the first question ;-)

cheers

dan

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:11 AM
  • With respect to generating data from a lookup table, you might want to take a look at the Data Bound Generator. It allows you to do just that. I'm not sure how detailed the docs are for the Data Bound Generator at this point, so if you have trouble figuring out how to get it working, feel free to follow up with any questions.
    Thursday, July 20, 2006 4:02 PM