Web Application Hangs IE9 but not other browsers.... RRS feed

• Question

• User-1807793084 posted

I have an intranet web application using dotnet 4 framework which compiles in VS2010 with no problems.

When I run a simple listing page for which each row in the grid invokes a details page within IE9, after doing this 6 or 7 times (opening a details page on rowclick) and then closing IE hangs.

I have all correct and suitable settings for the db connection times, session var timeouts,request header sizes, etc and have checked SQL server isn’t running out of SPIDS (there are always between 10 and 15 SPIDS).

There are no errors in the Event Viewer or any for IIS, but when I do exactly the same thing in Safari I can basically open and close my details page from the initial listing page all day long with no problems at all, so obviously nothing to do with IIS 7 setup.

I have checked Fiddler when using IE and on the final time of opening the details page and it hangs there are no real specific details apart from it saying that the SESSION STATE has been abandoned.

I then have to completely close all IE windows before I can log back into the application

I would really appreciate any ideas….

Friday, April 19, 2013 3:03 AM

Answers

• User477186420 posted

Hi,

That is not problem of any setting. I had same problem, i done lots of RnD for the same problem and found that either you are using IFrame into your page, or your page having lots of javascript/ jQuery or More HTML generated while page loading.

This is the problem of IE, nothing is wrong with your code,

You can split your page in more then one page so HTML and javascript will be reduce and your page speed is increased (In my case it's worked), but it is possible that you are not able to split your page abd if you are using Iframe i suggested that avoid to use iFrame.

let me know if any query

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 5:41 AM

All replies

• User477186420 posted

Hi,

That is not problem of any setting. I had same problem, i done lots of RnD for the same problem and found that either you are using IFrame into your page, or your page having lots of javascript/ jQuery or More HTML generated while page loading.

This is the problem of IE, nothing is wrong with your code,

You can split your page in more then one page so HTML and javascript will be reduce and your page speed is increased (In my case it's worked), but it is possible that you are not able to split your page abd if you are using Iframe i suggested that avoid to use iFrame.

let me know if any query

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 5:41 AM
  • User-1807793084 posted

Thanks for the reply....

It does appear to be IE causing the problem, but was curious as to why it takes several attempts before this happens and not on the 1st..

One these 2 particular pages i refer to there are no iframes but there are in other areas of the application and of course the ajax will be producing lots of script on this details page as it is quite large....

Looks like i will be swapping browsers, but you would think MS would sort this eh?

Dave

Friday, April 19, 2013 7:09 AM