none
Excel 2013 Popup Calendar for 32 bit & 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I don't know who this would go to, hopefully a Microsoft team member.

Can anyone explain to me why the Popup Calendar control has been removed from all versions of Excel since Excel 2003? Apparently Active X controls have also been limited in Excel 2013.

Lots of people use this feature and have developed Userforms with that ability - So my question is, why drop that from the standard control options. Having a separate file is not good enough .. that means that I'd have to install it on each user's PC ... not possible when they are not at our Head Office or users are replaced with new comers. 

We pay enough for the software as it is ... lots of changes that we never ask for and never use, but you drop the features that are useful.

To rub salt into the wound, you create 64 bit operating system, but fail to ensure that the office applications/features are 100% compatible with the operating system.

I don't know how you decide what to keep and what to drop, but I cannot see why you would drop this control - there are other controls which I am sure a lot more people have never/is unlikely to ever use.

Then you provide 'links' to MSCOMCT2.CAB which return the following error:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/MSCOMCT2.CAB" on this server.

Reference #18.974e6168.1457350824.47c5a7

My system is Windows 8.1 and Office 2013 on a 64 bit computer.

Any explanation would be gratefully received and as I am sure others would also like to hear.

Regards

Ms Sincere

Ms Fix It

Monday, March 7, 2016 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Ms,

>> Can anyone explain to me why the Popup Calendar control has been removed from all versions of Excel since Excel 2003? Apparently Active X controls have also been limited in Excel 2013.

For calendar control, I suggest you try Microsoft MonthView Control, if it did not meet your requirement, I suggest you create your own ActiveX control, or you could try to develop Excel VSTO project.

>> I don't know how you decide what to keep and what to drop, but I cannot see why you would drop this control - there are other controls which I am sure a lot more people have never/is unlikely to ever use.

If you want some features not in current Office version, I suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:
    https://excel.uservoice.com/

>> Then you provide 'links' to MSCOMCT2.CAB which return the following err
    For this, I suggest you submit a feed back in the bottom of site below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/297381

Your voice would be appreciated while you are using Office.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:31 AM