SAP Adapter Connection error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to connect to and SAP system using the WCF_SAP adapter.  I keep recieving the same error message.  Can anyone help?

Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException: Details: ErrorCode=RFC_OK. ErrorGroup=RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION. SapErrorMessage=SAP_CMINIT3 : rc=20 > Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM  GWHOST=SAPxxx, GWSERV=sapgxxx, SYSNR=05

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR       partner '141.247.199.140:SAPGW05' not reached

TIME        Thu Jun 21 16:45:38 2012

RELEASE     720

COMPONENT   NI (network interface)

VERSION     40

RC          -10

MODULE      nixxi.cpp

LINE        3286

DETAIL      NiPConnect2: 141.247.199.140:3305

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO       10061

ERRNO TEXT  WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNT.  AdapterErrorMessage=. ---> Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.RFCException: Details: ErrorCode=RFC_OK. ErrorGroup=RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION. SapErrorMessage=SAP_CMINIT3 : rc=20 > Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM  GWHOST=SAPQ47, GWSERV=sapgw05, SYSNR=05

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR       partner '141.247.199.140:SAPGW05' not reached

TIME        Thu Jun 21 16:45:38 2012

RELEASE     720

COMPONENT   NI (network interface)

VERSION     40

RC          -10

MODULE      nixxi.cpp

LINE        3286

DETAIL      NiPConnect2: 141.247.199.140:3305

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO       10061

ERRNO TEXT  WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNT.  AdapterErrorMessage=.

at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.RfcClientConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPConnection.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:

at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPConnection.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Guid clientId, TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.ConnectionPool.GetConnectionHandler[TConnectionHandler](Guid clientId, TimeSpan timeout, MetadataLookup metadataLookup, String& connectionId)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Channels.AdapterRequestChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.Adapters.Internal.LayeredChannelBindingElement.LayeredOutboundChannel`1.CreateInnerChannel(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.Adapters.Internal.LayeredChannelBindingElement.LayeredOutboundChannel`1.System.ServiceModel.Channels.IRequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.IMetadataRetrievalContract.Browse(String nodeId, Int32 childStartIndex, Int32 maxChildNodes)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel.GetNextTreeLevelNodes(Object sender, TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:53 PM

Answers

• Installing the SAP GUI fixed the problem! Just did a basic installation of the SAP frontend with the SAPGUI and CRM add-on.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/99dc96a2-72e4-4f9d-8dd5-f376229d11ce

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:39 PM

All replies

• Seems something wrong with the 141.247.199.140 address.

Also it could be errors in other parameters.

Try to connect to this endpoint with another application or tool. Then compare the connection parameters with the BizTalk port parameters.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalkien: Naming Conventions for the BizTalk Solutions

Friday, June 22, 2012 2:55 AM
  • Hi,

I had solved the same sort of Issue once by modifying the Entries in the local IP routing table as explained in the this thread.

Regards - Rajasekhar.R ' Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does,

Friday, June 22, 2012 5:27 AM
  • I can ping the address and I have had the administrators change the id so I could log on to the SAP system.  We have changed the ID backt o a system id to access the SAP system. 

I connected to the SAP system using my local SAP GUI and that worked fine.

Still can't get the adapter to connect.

Friday, June 22, 2012 4:05 PM
  • Installing the SAP GUI fixed the problem! Just did a basic installation of the SAP frontend with the SAPGUI and CRM add-on.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/99dc96a2-72e4-4f9d-8dd5-f376229d11ce

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:39 PM
  • The problem was fixed by the BASIS people adding "SPACE" to the log in for group that the ID was associated with.  I'm sure some SAP people will understand that.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Robertin Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:10 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Robertin Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Robertin Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:13 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 6:59 PM