Trojan Infection RRS feed

• Question

• I have a virus that keeps preventing me from executing any kind of anti-virus, including Microsoft Security Essentials. Essentially, preventing any kind of Anti-Virus from communicating with its own server. I used Kaspersky, SpyWare Terminator, even tried to get Trend Micro 7 and the virus just keeps getting the upper hand on them All. The only Anti-virus I have that is putting up any kind of a fight, is the Free Avira Anti-virus, but it still feels absolutely hopeless. Please if anybody at Microsoft can get some help to me it would be, very, much appreciated.

Toshiba Dual Core AMD
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit
    Avira Anti-Virus
    Windows Security Essentials
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:28 PM

All replies

• This web site is for improving the MSDN web site. If you need help in antivirus, find a computer security forum.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:08 PM
  • http://www.microsoft.com/virus is a good place to start
    Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 4:46 AM
  • I have a virus that keeps preventing me from executing any kind of anti-virus, including Microsoft Security Essentials. Essentially, preventing any kind of Anti-Virus from communicating with its own server. I used Kaspersky, SpyWare Terminator, even tried to get Trend Micro 7 and the virus just keeps getting the upper hand on them All. The only Anti-virus I have that is putting up any kind of a fight, is the Free Avira Anti-virus, but it still feels absolutely hopeless. Please if anybody at Microsoft can get some help to me it would be, very, much appreciated.

Toshiba Dual Core AMD
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit
    Avira Anti-Virus
    Windows Security Essentials

I am not a MS employee But I am a MSP (student partner) .

I have seen a problem like this before (for god's sake donot format your computer).

goto norton website and download the antivirus backup disc (free of cost).

Burn the disc .

then boot from the disc and it asks for scanning the available drives .

Just in case You would not find the backup disc : try and torrent :

it wont be illegal because you are not installing AV programme but just using the Backup programme to check your cmputer for virus.

If all of these fail , try putting a virus scan tool rather than antivirus .

antivirus wont install ,so , better use a scan tool.

Try one-live scanner (microsoft) and also panda antivirus corp. also provides such scanning .

ATB -udayonze

• Proposed as answer by udayonze Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:48 PM
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:47 PM