Will switching between multiple ad unit ids in a single UWP app work? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to enable this scenario:

1) Create multiple ad units for the same application (I've already created two ad units for an app in Dev Center so I think this is OK).

2) Then, in the app itself, based on user usage, I want to set the adcontrol adunit to a particular ad unit id.

3) Thus I hope to be able to differentiate in the ad performance reports which "mode" the app is in when being used in aggregate by users, based on metrics - income, etc. - for the various ad units.

Anyone see any issues with this, either functional or otherwise?

I'll just add that I am NOT wanting to use the same adunit in multiple apps, which I know is not allowed.  I want to use multiple adunits in a single app.

Thanks!

Gary Glanz

Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Gary,

>>2) Then, in the app itself, based on user usage, I want to set the adcontrol adunit to a particular ad unit id.

Real ad unit values should be used earlier than you upload your app package to the store. So I don't quite understand what you mean by "based on user usage". To implement ads in your app, you could refer to this document.

>>3) Thus I hope to be able to differentiate in the ad performance reports which "mode" the app is in when being used in aggregate by users, based on metrics - income, etc. - for the various ad units.

Could you please describe this requirement with more details so that we can understand it better?

And regarding ad performance report, there is a document you might would like to take a look at: Advertising performance report.

Best Regards,

Annivia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 9:00 AM