This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'SEMICOLON' while Loading xml file which is read from share point RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

I am reading xml file from share point which is uploaded already. For reading I used SPFile.Openbinary().....

the problem is after reading the xml file from share point, i tried to load the xml file in to XMLDocument object

xmlDoc.LoadXml(gxmlContent);

But ist is throwing an exception "This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'SEMICOLON'".

exception thrown because that xml file contains Special character &....

I uploaded the following part of xml to share point...

<PartDescription title="SKIL: And Then There Was One…A Great Consolidation Play in a Growing Market at 12x Pro-Forma EPS. Initiating Coverage With a Buy Rating and $10 Price Target."
      synopsis="RESEARCH REPORT WITH TABLES/TEXT ~Suitable for All investment styles * Companies-focused fundamental research (fundamental): outlook for ." abstract="" description="">

But at the time of reading the xml file from share point it will be

<PartDescription title="SKIL: And Then There Was Oneb &A Great Consolidation Play in a Growing Market at 12x Pro-Forma EPS.  Initiating Coverage With a Buy Rating and $10 Price Target."
                     synopsis="RESEARCH REPORT WITH TABLES/TEXT&#xD;&#xA;~Suitable for All investment styles&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;* Companies-focused fundamental research (fundamental):   outlook for .&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;" abstract="" description="">

any one can help me how to read the sharepoint data with out these special character..

Note:

I think the problem is, i am reading as binary data from share point :( . how to read the XML file from share point?.

your suggestion is valuable to me..

Thanks

Mahesh Kannan

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 1:58 PM

Answers