Voice capture DMO for Metro

Question

• Is the voice capture DMO available for use in Metro apps?  What is the best approach to using the module?  I was an aecSDKDemo for Windows 7.  Is there a sample file I can look at for Metro?

- Ken

• Edited by Ken Roe Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:25 PM
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:24 PM

Answers

• Hello Ken,

That is a good question. Technically the Voice Capture DSP is marked as destkop only. That said I think it really depends on where the topology is created. I don't know that you will be able to directly instantiate this object but you might be able to add it to the topology through one of the "add effect" APIs. However, you are treading on untested terretority and you need to be careful because things might now work as you expect.

I hope thsi helps,

James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

• Proposed as answer by Jesse JiangModerator Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Roe Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hello Ken,

We don't have a sample akin to the AEC DMO sample for Windows store apps. However WASAPI is supported from your Windows store app. I haven't looked closely at the sample but I would expect that you can convert the DMO sample into code that can be called from your C++ Windows store app. If you have any specific issues with the conversion please let me know and I will do what I can to help you.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Monday, August 27, 2012 8:48 PM
  • The specific issue with this example is that in addition to WASAPI, there is the following line of code:

CHECKHR(CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CWMAudioAEC, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IMediaObject, (void**)&pDMO));

This line calls in a separate DLL through the COM interface for doing the voice processing.  I saw in other emails that this interface is supported for some object types but not all.  Will the above line work in a Metro app?

- Ken

• Edited by Ken Roe Monday, August 27, 2012 9:12 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 9:12 PM
  • Hello Ken,

That is a good question. Technically the Voice Capture DSP is marked as destkop only. That said I think it really depends on where the topology is created. I don't know that you will be able to directly instantiate this object but you might be able to add it to the topology through one of the "add effect" APIs. However, you are treading on untested terretority and you need to be careful because things might now work as you expect.

I hope thsi helps,

James

• Proposed as answer by Jesse JiangModerator Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Roe Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:06 PM