cannot install visual studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Running the downloaded file, vs_community_ENU.exe, gives the error:

The system cannot find the path specified.

This happens even when it is run as admin.

Please advise on how to troubleshoot this.

SOLVED: I had changed my temp folder to a drive that I had removed. Moved my temp folder back to C and all is well

• Edited by skypickle Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:02 AM solved
    • Moved by lake Xiao Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:53 PM

Answers

• Hi skypickle,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your solution and result here.

Your solution:

Changing the temp folder to a drive that you had removed. Moved the temp folder back to C and all is well

If you think your post is helpful, please mark my reply or your reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:52 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:47 AM

All replies

• Hi  skypickle,

Since your issue is about Visual Studio installation. I moved your thread to the VS installation forum for better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:13 AM
  • Hi skypickle,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your solution and result here.

Your solution:

Changing the temp folder to a drive that you had removed. Moved the temp folder back to C and all is well

If you think your post is helpful, please mark my reply or your reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:52 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:47 AM