Raising Forest Functional Level Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I have an Active Directory environment that is at Forest Functional Level 2003 (Domain fl of 2008R2).  Also, the sysvol migration from FRS to DFSR was partially completed and all DC's are in State 2 (REDIRECTED).   My question is.. should we complete the sysvol migration and get to the final state of 3 (eliminated), or is it required to have our Forest Functional Level to Server 2008R2 prior to completing the sysvol migration.  We're in this limbo state with sysvol (prior tech did this years ago and then left without letting anyone know).  I read an article indicating the FFL should be changed to 2008r2 prior to the sysvol migration to DFSR.  We have 4 DC's in total.. 3 are Server 2012R2 and one is Server 2008R2.  Thanks to anyone who may have experience with this and can offer any advice.  <style></style>
    • Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Tuesday, December 29, 2020 8:32 PM looking for forum
    Tuesday, December 29, 2020 8:27 PM

Answers

• I'd try asking for help over here.

windows-active-directory - Microsoft Q&A

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Guido Franzke Tuesday, January 5, 2021 6:55 AM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2020 8:32 PM

All replies

• I'd try asking for help over here.

windows-active-directory - Microsoft Q&A

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Guido Franzke Tuesday, January 5, 2021 6:55 AM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2020 8:32 PM
  • ok, thanks.  just posted there as well.<style></style>
    Tuesday, December 29, 2020 9:05 PM
  • You're welcome.

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 9:22 PM