none
How do I compile a console app project via command line? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I would like to use a bat file to complile a console app from a the command line using csc.exe, I cant work out how to specifiy the target project.

What I would really like to do is compile the whole solution but building individual projects is fine, now i looked at the visual studio output window when I did a manual build and I got the text:

------ Build started: Project: CheckDatabase, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Csc.exe /noconfig /nowarn:1701,1702 /errorreport:prompt /warn:4 /define:DEBUG;TRACE /reference:C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll /reference:C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll /reference:C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll /debug+ /debug:full /optimize- /out:obj\Debug\CheckDatabase.exe /target:exe Program.cs Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs vars.cs

However I cant for the life of me work out how to specify the project.... I would like to be able to slap the above into a bat file so I can just double click on my desktop without having to open visual studio etc....then i cant write a script to move the binaries to our dev platform....How do I do a manual build can I edit the above? The folder structure is :

C:\Repositories\VideoLibraryServer\trunk\deployment\InstallShield_DotNetCode\CheckDatabase\CheckDatabase.csproj

Any help much appreciated..Would really speed up my release process....

Regards,

Pete

Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:26 PM

Answers

All replies