Can we have a forum for Windows 10 App dev?

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:29 PM
  • This isn't just about Windows 10 apps.

I have to look through lots of stuff on windows 8.1 and not quite universal apps to find anything.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 10:08 AM
  • This forum could definitely do with more organization. Threads about Windows Store, Windows Phone (Silverlight and WinRT, all versions), and Universal apps are mixed together.

Please pass on feedback to divide the forums by platform. With Windows 10 everything should be consistent, but for earlier versions it's really difficult to find and give help when the answer for WP8.1 Silverlight might be completely different from the answer for WP8.1 WinRT, and when the 'big Windows' answer might not be appropriate for the phone.

People developing for Windows 10 will be hindered by all the previous posts about earlier versions. While it's perhaps premature to create a Windows 10 forum, I think it is necessary going forward.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Thursday, April 02, 2015 2:18 AM
  • I don't think it is premature - Microsoft wants us to jump on board with its new universal apps and currently if you do a search all you find is info relating to old ways of doing things.

A new forum is essential so we can separate out the new problems we face in dealing with Windows 10.

Does any Microsofty ever read any of these forums?

Again if Microsoft is serious about getting us on board with the new Windows 10 apps they should put a bit more effort into support and stop making poor quality videos the tell very little in a lot of time.

Friday, April 03, 2015 9:34 AM
  • Thanks for all of the enthusiasm for Windows 10 development.   Microsoft is in these forums every day, and we do read the posts, but most of us are looking for technical posts.  If you are looking to give feedback on anything Windows 10 please join the Windows Insider program and post concerns to the community there for feedback.

If you have downloaded the Windows 10 Developer Preview and are hitting issues, please post your development questions in here. 

Bret Bentzinger (MSFT) @awehellyeah

Friday, April 03, 2015 4:08 PM
  • So that's a No then.

Disapointing. 

As a programmer trying to get to grips with the Win 10 development I am your potential audience and I can tell you that a Win10 dev forum would help a lot. 

But I can see your point in burying all the Win 10 dev issues under stacks of old universal app stuff relating to Windows 8... not.

Sunday, April 05, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Thank you for your feedback.  We are evaluating the forum structures.  Again if you currently have Windows 10 technical questions please post them here for now.

Bret Bentzinger (MSFT) @awehellyeah

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:56 PM