Using Expression Blend Trial for Developing Commercial Software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

This may not be the right place to ask but I was told that it is seen as illegal to develop a commercial product using the trial version of expression blend. In other words if I intend to sell a product I developed using a trial of Expression Blend do I have to buy Expression Blend in order for my actions to be legal.

I ask because I know that I will be able to finish the project well within the trial period of Expression Blend and would like to save a little money. I have not been able to find the terms and conditions regarding the use of Expression Blend trial so I am confused on this one.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Monday, April 26, 2010 10:41 AM

All replies

• DISCLAIMER - The following is my interpretation after a brief review of the RC EULA.  I'm no expert in legalese, so it's very likely I missed something.  I also know nothing about any licenses for other products, such as Visual Studio, that you may have used.  With that said, I didn't see anything explicitly preventing this activity so long as you're adhering to the other requirements in the EULA.  My personal and naive opinion can not be used in a court of law as I fully acknowledge it's likely flawed. :)

With that said, you can review the EULA on your own by looking in the top level directory where you installed Blend.  If you used the default install location, you'll find it under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Expression\Blend 4\Eula.en.rtf (64 bit) or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Expression\Blend 4\Eula.en.rtf (32 bit)

Hope that helps!

Kelly

Monday, April 26, 2010 9:34 PM