Workflow Service 4.0 - Performance issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a long running workflow service using .NET 4.0.The size of the workflow service file(xamlx) is 800KB.

This is the workflow configuration i have given

<workflowIdle timeToUnload="00:30:00" timeToPersist="0:04:0"/>

Its taking around 1min to create a new instance for the first time.For the next time its taking 1 sec to create a new instance, i think workflow service is not getting idle at the moment.

I have given 30 mins to get idle in the configuration even though its getting idle before that rarely. So again it is taking much time to create a new instance.

Is there any alternative solutions to improve the performance of the workflow service?

Thanks,

Prabhu D

Monday, February 7, 2011 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi, Prabhu

->"So again it is taking much time to create a new instance."
    I don't think it is the idle setting cause the long time creating issue. is this workflow cost 1 minute to start everytime? how frequence it is.

You can also use 
          WorkflowServiceHost host = new WorkflowServiceHost(XamlServices.Load("WFService.xamlx"), 
    To have a better control of your instances.

Regards
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Monday, February 14, 2011 3:20 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi, Prabhu

->"So again it is taking much time to create a new instance."
    I don't think it is the idle setting cause the long time creating issue. is this workflow cost 1 minute to start everytime? how frequence it is.

You can also use 
          WorkflowServiceHost host = new WorkflowServiceHost(XamlServices.Load("WFService.xamlx"), 
    To have a better control of your instances.

Regards
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Monday, February 14, 2011 3:20 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 7:34 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

i would like to know what do you mean by again.

Can you comment more on workflow service performance

Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:22 AM