none
File is signed with invalid certificate. RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

i'm in the process of uploading my package. We bought a code signing certificate from Verisign and sign the cab file with it. Also verify with singtool verify /pa xxxx.cab file. It comes back success.

When uploading to the sysdev.microsoft.com; around 96.75% uploaded, it returns an error "File is signed with invalid certificate". My administrator just uploaded the digital certificate. How long does it takes before we actually can upload again? is there a time interval before the new cert takes over the old?

Does anyone encounter this problem and got it solve? thank you.

Friday, January 11, 2013 9:07 PM

All replies

• Okay, one of my colleagues was able to get it signed. We got it uploaded successfully. Thank you. 
    Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:54 AM
  • I see this error very often when I upload packages to sysdev.microsoft.com. The upload service seems a bit unstable.

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:11 AM
  • Often if you refresh the page and upload again, it will go through the 2nd time. You can also switch to europe.sysdev.microsoft.com which usually works.

Suzanne Solis

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:28 PM
  •  one possibility is that the digital signature is different from the one sysdev has, remember to ask your company WHQL admin to update the sysdev server if it's recently renewed.
    Friday, January 18, 2013 6:03 AM
  • Could you try now? If you see any issues feel free to contact sysdev@microsoft.com with error snap shot.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:11 PM