none
Do I need NET Framework? RRS feed

• Question

• My system is Windows XP, and at some point I inadvertently down loaded NET Framework.

Do I really need it?

Saturday, February 14, 2015 6:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Simple answer: When you want to run applications that are build on top of .NET, you need it. :-)

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can't make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

My latest Pluralsight-courses:
    XAML Layout in Depth
    Windows Store Apps - Data Binding in Depth

twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com

Saturday, February 14, 2015 6:23 PM
  • Thomas is correct.

Is it possible the .NET Framework versions you have were installed to support programs you have on your system? If so, you should definitely not try to remove any frameworks.

Examples of programs requiring .NET: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, and MANY 3rd party programs as well.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 12:44 AM
  • Hi,

You need .NET Frameworks to provide managed environments for the Windows applications you use daily.

Removing any .NET Frameworks or updates will likely result in programs you have installed NOT working.

Please keep it in your computer.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 10:57 PM