none
'OraOLEDB.Oracle' provider is not registered on the local machine. RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error in dotnet application. Now i want to know two things.

1) i want to connect Oracle database without Oracle Client sorftware. If i use System.Data.OracleClient, it is asking to install Oracle Client 8.1.0 or greater. So i started using OLeDB Provider to connect the Oracle Database. There i am getting this Error.

2) I can't give the Oracle_Home  Access to aspnet, iusr and iss user, because my oracle database is in Linux System.

So, can any one Please Suggest me a way to Fire a query to Oracle Database in Linux System From through System.Data.OleDb;

Thsi is my Code:

string queryString = @"SELECT paa.person_id as 'Employee_ID',

paa.date_start as 'From_Leave_Date',

paa.date_end as 'To_Leave_Date', paat.name as 'Leave_Type'

FROM per_absence_attendances paa,

per_abs_attendance_types_tl paat

WHERE paa.absence_attendance_type_id = paat.absence_attendance_type_id";

connectionString = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;User ID=scott;Password=user;Data Source=172.16.1.206";

using (OleDbConnection connection = new OleDbConnection(connectionString))

{

OleDbCommand command = new OleDbCommand(queryString, connection);

connection.Open();

OleDbDataReader reader = command.ExecuteReader();

try

{

while (reader.Read())

{

count += 1;

}

}

catch (Exception)

{

throw;

}

finally

{

//always call Close when done reading.

reader.Close();

}

}

Thanks & Regards

Panneer selvam

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:32 AM

All replies

• (So, can any one Please Suggest me a way to Fire a query to Oracle Database in Linux System From through System.Data.OleDb)

The above is not relevant because Asp.net needs permissions to run even in SQL Server the questions is what version of Oracle are you running and why you cannot install the client software which gives both you and the .NET runtime access to Oracle?  I need more information so I can try to help.

Monday, December 31, 2007 5:12 PM
  • If you're using the OLEDB provider then the Oracle client software must be installed. It doesn't matter in which OS your database is installed.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 1:32 PM