none
Publishing WCF service on client machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to publish WCF service with multiple bindings on to the client machine, but when i am doing that i am getting the following WCF error- Metadata publishing for this service is currently disabled..........Client machine is having Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS version 8.5 and our local machine is also having same configuration.....Please help me out with this asap...

Thanks.

Friday, September 15, 2017 8:59 AM

All replies

• http://keithelder.net/2008/01/17/exposing-a-wcf-service-with-multiple-bindings-and-endpoints/

<copied>

Exposing Our Service’s WSDL

Unlike previous ASMX services, the WSDL (web service definition language) for WCF services is not automatically generated.  The previous image even tells us that “Metadata publishing for this service is currently disabled.”.  This is because we haven’t configured our service to expose any meta data about it. 

<end>

Maybe the above link will help you.

FYI -- Bing nd Google are your friends on finding the subject  'Metadata publishing for this service is currently disabled'.

Friday, September 15, 2017 2:38 PM
  • Hi addy,

Has your issue been resolved?

If not, could you share us how you publish WCF Service on client? Detail steps to reproduce your issue would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:44 AM