none
Microsoft word crash RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir/Madam

I have been developing a code to dump a data from Excel file to word.

For the word file I am using a template of the old 2003 version ie: .dot file.

Some time the code runs fine sometime MS Word crashes during the updating of table.

I tried a number of solutions but none worked out well,

Request your help.

Regards

Sanjay Soni 

• Moved by Carl Cai Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:48 AM (form vb.net)More related
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:47 AM

Answers

• As Carl says, we'd need to see your code before any advice on that could be offered. it would also be helpful if you told use what the 'number of solutions' are that you've tried. Assuming you're still using Office 2003, have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Help|Detect & Repair) in any Office application? For later versions, repairs can be done via Programs & Features > Microsoft Office > Change in the Windows Control Panel.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, April 21, 2014 12:10 PM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:00 AM
  • Hi Sanjay

I agree with what Paul and Eugene have said. But my best guess would be that you're trying to pass too much information and Word is running out of processing memory. Would I be right that the problem occurs more frequently with larger amounts of data?

You should read through this article about programmatically generating tables in Word, then compare the suggestions with what your code currently looks like and make some adjustments

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa537149(v=office.11).aspx

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am moving this thread to Microsoft Office for Developers forums  Word for Developers  forum for more dedicated supports.

In order to narrow down this issue, I would suggest you share the code or a simple sample with us, which could help us to reproduce this issue to get a further look.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Carl Cai Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:53 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:50 AM
  • As Carl says, we'd need to see your code before any advice on that could be offered. it would also be helpful if you told use what the 'number of solutions' are that you've tried. Assuming you're still using Office 2003, have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Help|Detect & Repair) in any Office application? For later versions, repairs can be done via Programs & Features > Microsoft Office > Change in the Windows Control Panel.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:00 AM
  • Hello Sanjay,

Did you try to debug the code? What line of code causes Word crashing?

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Hi Sanjay

I agree with what Paul and Eugene have said. But my best guess would be that you're trying to pass too much information and Word is running out of processing memory. Would I be right that the problem occurs more frequently with larger amounts of data?

You should read through this article about programmatically generating tables in Word, then compare the suggestions with what your code currently looks like and make some adjustments

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa537149(v=office.11).aspx

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:31 PM