Drag and Drop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just downloaded XNA the other day. It looks pretty straight forward. However I saw a screenshot from Gamespot that shows XNA having something like a drag and drop IDE. Is that part of XNA because I cant find it?

Are there any tools available that can help amnage the assets like Visual3d.NET?

Thanks.

Monday, December 18, 2006 12:43 AM

Answers

• Maybe you're looking for Torque X from GarageGames, a partner of Microsoft XNA? It's in open beta now, and has been featured in videos with a drag and drop interface.

Monday, December 18, 2006 10:39 AM

All replies

• I hope it'll be the gift to our community in the next year XMas days, in the XNA 3.0 release.
    Monday, December 18, 2006 1:48 AM
  • In short, drag and drop used to be part of XNA, but that functionality has been dropped. Beta one introduced drag and drop GameComponent objects, but Beta 2 took them away. They no longer exist as drag and drop, but GameComponents are still availible. I doubt they'll come back in future releases.
    Monday, December 18, 2006 3:01 AM
  • Maybe you're looking for Torque X from GarageGames, a partner of Microsoft XNA? It's in open beta now, and has been featured in videos with a drag and drop interface.

Monday, December 18, 2006 10:39 AM