none
Get back scripts for MAG jobs older than 30 days

Question

• I do have a question about the activity logs and the job management view in Azure Data Lake. I just wanted to re-run one of my scripts I submitted at the beginning of April and clicked on the job which opened the overview containing Script/Debug Output/Data navigation points etc. but clicking on any of the navigation points just gave me the message "Job debug data not available We can't show this information because it was part of the job's debug data. The debug data was deleted as part of the Query Store's 30-day retention policy, or by a user".I thought these scripts are available in the cloud as long as I delete them manually. I do really need those scripts as I need them for documentation of my thesis, is it somehow possible to get the scripts back?

Kind regards, Vera

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Vera Angerer.  Thank you for your question, but I do not have good news.

The query retention period is something that you set.  In the portal it is found under "Limits and policies"
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-lake-analytics/data-lake-analytics-policies#how-long-to-keep-job-metadata-and-resources

I last used my Data Lake Analytics back in Febuary.  I have not found a way to get mine back.
    If there is a way to resurrect your queries, it is beyond my reach.  You would need to raise a support ticket.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:26 PM
  • Hi MartinJaffer-MSFT, thanks for your reply. I found the "Limits" setting yesterday and it was set to 30 days by default. I was not aware about this setting thats why I didn't save my scripts locally.
    My bad, I guess I should have inspected the settings possibilities of the Azure platform more carefully and should have changed the default settings. I already thought that it might not be possible to get them back, I guess I need to work them out again.

Thanks a lot for your response.
    Friday, May 17, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Sorry I couldn't save your scripts.  Might I suggest also keeping a copy locally?
    If I was helpful, please mark as answered.
    Friday, May 17, 2019 5:41 PM