none
std::queue + Vector4 = x_x RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Trying to create a queue to store SkeletonFrame.SkeletonData[i].SkeletonPositions Vector4s, I come accross the following error:

//In header of skeleton object, defined as

queue<Vector4> skeletonPositions;

//In cpp file
    skeletonList_[SkeletonFrame.SkeletonData[i].dwTrackingID]->skeletonPositions.push(SkeletonFrame.SkeletonData[i].SkeletonPositions);

Visual Studio indicates that SkeletonFrame.SkeletonData[i].SkeletonPositions is a Vector4, so I would think that this is possible? I imagine it's some kind of compilation of them, but I don't know how to specify how to put that in a queue. All I want is all of the data contained within that SkeletonPositions *thing*.

This results in the following error:

Error	1	error C2664: 'void std::queue<_Ty>::push(_Vector4 &&)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'Vector4 [20]' to '_Vector4 &&'	C:\Development\nui\src\KinectUI.cpp	293	1	nuilib

I imagine this is a dumb thing that I've just overlooked, but a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. :)

Monday, January 9, 2012 1:51 AM

All replies

• I figured out how to do what I wanted another way, however I'm leaving this one up because I'd still like to know the answer.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 4:03 AM
  • It's telling you SkeletalPositions is an array of 20 Vector4's.  You're trying to push the whole array, instead of just one.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:24 PM