Compile Error in Adding web reference to MDS API in SSIS Script Component RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We're trying to use MDS API inside SSIS Script Component to do CRUD in members and attributes based on the column change detected between two tables.

Upon adding Web Reference inside an SSIS Script Component, I got the following compile error:

Error 33 Method Service.TransactionAnnotationsCreate can not be reflected. C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\3\SSIS\SC_52e50daec95e4cd998e37cb77ffec6bb\SGEN SC_52e50daec95e4cd998e37cb77ffec6bb

I also noticed that the proxy class\Message Contract generated seems to be slightly different with the one defined in the MSDN Documentation. I'm having difficulty finding solutions and documentation in the net. Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

JayJay

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Just to share; I already resolved this problem.

It seems I can't make it work using .net 2.0, i tried using .Net 3.5 inside the script and add it as service reference and its now working fine.

I don't know what really happened but it looks like when using .Net 2.0 Web Reference its generating different and incorrect data\message contracts for me causing problem.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:41 PM

All replies

• Hello 

did you try to compile your service reference in a separate project and add the compiled dll reference in your ssis script ?

Note: Please vote/mark the post as answered if it answers your question/helps to solve your problem. _________________________________________________________ Regards, Xavier Averbouch, Consultant, Avanade France
    Monday, November 22, 2010 6:14 PM
  • Hi,

Just to share; I already resolved this problem.

It seems I can't make it work using .net 2.0, i tried using .Net 3.5 inside the script and add it as service reference and its now working fine.

I don't know what really happened but it looks like when using .Net 2.0 Web Reference its generating different and incorrect data\message contracts for me causing problem.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:41 PM
  • Hi JayJay,

At the moment I am working on a project with Master Data Services.

In this project I can insert data to tables, but I also need to update all the data.

Is it possible to get a look at your script in SSIS so I can change it for my own situation?

If it is possible can you send it to sebastiaan.gerards@gmail.com.

Thanks

Sebastiaan

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:43 AM