none
InkAnalyzer with wordsets RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the InkAnalyzer to do some hand writing recognition. The goal is to match the ink to short phrases. I create an AnalysisHintNode with the following settings:

Code Snippet

hintNode.Factoid = "WORDLIST";
     hintNode.Location.MakeInfinite();
     hintNode.Name = "Word List";
     hintNode.WordMode = false;

hintNode.SetWordlist(wordset);
     hintNode.CoerceToFactoid = true;

When I go to recognize the ink the words it predicts or recommends as alternates are no where close to what I am looking for.

For instance, if I were to write: "ABC", using the wordset = { "ABC shop", "ABC theatre", "ABC Hotel", ...} without the hintNode, it would give me ABC back correctly.

Once I apply the hintNode, ideally it would give me the 3 items in the wordset that contain ABC as alternates, and ideally picking one of them as the recognized string. However, it returns items from the word set that have nothing to do with what I am looking for.

Am I trying to use the Ink analyzer in a manner it wasn't intended? Or is there somewhere that explains how the InkAnalyzer/Recognizers actually match words?

I am trying to do this in C# on a Windows XP Tablet 2005 as opposed to vista.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hi gdearment,

it seems like you are trying to use the Wordlist feature for some sort of auto-complete functionality. This is not what was intended to be used for. I think a better approach for what I think you are trying to accomplish would be to recognize the ink without using the dictionary and then match the result to the list of your known words yourself.

Would that work for you?

Thanks,

Stefan Wick

Monday, June 11, 2007 1:33 PM