none
BIZTALK 2009 Not Validating Some ISA/GS Segments Inbound RRS feed

• Question

• I have a configured party and when I put a bogus value for ISA01, say PP, BizTalk lets it on through like everything is good.  I i happen to make another element of ISA bad then I get the validation error of the ISA01 and the other other segment.  If I change the sender id value so the party isn't used (and global is) I get the validation error if only the ISA01 is bad.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug and I'm just missing a hot fix?

Just some other odd items, if I leave ISA01 blank, then I get a validation error, kind of seems it is just ignoring the restrictions.

Also, if I put a bogus time in the GS05, it will never fail, only if I leave it blank does it fail.

Thanks.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:52 PM

All replies

• First, make sure the Fallback Settings are Disabled.  Right click on the Parties node in BizTalk Administrator to access this setting.

Then, you may have to correct any Party Resolution errors, but then it will work.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:13 PM
  • I haven't been able to find the fall back settings within 2009.  However, if I change the sender or receiver to not match the party I get the error for an invalid ISA01 (this I'm assuming it is using the global edi properties), but once I change the sender or receiver back to the correct values BT never throws the error.
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:01 PM